background

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Um, can I open the door for YOU?

So the day after I went on the almost curling date, I was asked on another date. SCORE! We were planning to go bowling with another couple, and yeah that's a pretty typical freshman date, but I was pretty excited. I had work right before, but I rushed home and got ready real fast and nervously waited for him to come. (Why was I nervous? Shouldn't I be used to this dating thing?) I think I tried to work on my Sunday School lesson or something to calm me down.

When he showed up, he was on crutches. What? When did this happen? He had hurt his knee playing basketball earlier (like weeks or months(?) earlier), but I thought he was better from that. But he explained to me that he played some bball that day and busted up his knee again. No good. I felt really bad when he tried to open the door for me, because he was a little gimpy. :) So I offered to open the door for him instead. I don't get that opportunity very often.

So obviously, we weren't going bowling. So once again, Plan A wasn't going to work out. So instead, they had set up a projector in the kitchen of their apartment, and hung a white sheet (with butterflies on the edges) on their kitchen wall. It was a pretty nice setup. :)

We watched Toy Story 3 and talked about little kids toys and stuff and things were fine and dandy until the DVD started skipping and stopping and spazzing out. We took an ice cream break while one of the guys tried to figure out the problem with the movie. He got ice cream NOT from the Creamery, because he knew I worked there. He's a thinker. :)

Yeah, the movie didn't ever start working again. So instead we played some games, like Monopoly Deal (WAY shorter than Monopoly). And we lost. And we watched some Sn0wSh0w videos, because they were supposed to be cool. :) And yeah. I think that's pretty much all we did. So yep. It wasn't a super extravagant date, but I had a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment