background

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Blinded by the Light

I'm almost positive that this was my first blind date. I went on lots of dates with people I didn't know too well (almost blind) but no completely blind dates. I had been asked to go on one a couple days prior to this one, but I couldn't make it.
So my friend set me up to go on a date with one of his buddies from Idaho. He had two friends coming down and wanted to have a triple date. So we had three girls from Wells Hall and three guys from Idaho, and the whole night (until visiting hours were up) for romancing. or something like that.
My friend had me meet my date the night before. He popped over to say hello, and I was cooking something. So I probably looked super hot in my apron ;) The guy was nice. Yep. Nothing too exciting.
So the next day I had work. Then I got home. Then I had the date with the blind boy...or sorry, the blind date with the boy. I got ready real fast and waited. And he came to the door. With his friend. And I left my apartment. To go on the date. With the two other couples. Yep. Nothing too exciting.
We walked on down to the SWKT to penny golf. For those of you that don't know what penny golfing is, it's an activity in which you hold a penny over the edge of a huge stairwell (is that the right word for it?) and see how many floors it will go down. Pretty sure the SWKT has the only set of stairs that this game is good for. :) The objective is to get the penny down to the bottom floor with the least amount of drops. I had never done this before. Yeah, actually I had never been on the staircase of the SWKT before. I didn't have any classes there. But anyway, we walked up a couple flights of stairs...and took the elevator up the rest. We all took turns dropping our pennies over the edge and awkwardly trying to make conversation. My date was a huge basketball fan, so we talked about Jimmer. Because I'm a huge Jimmer fan. Well...not that huge but I like him a lot. We talked about... . . . not a whole lot else. :)
We made it down to the bottom floor, and I hadn't found my penny anywhere on the staircase. I was hoping it had just gone all the way to the bottom, but I didn't find it there either. So we got a new one, took the elevator up, and we all took turns dropping pennies again. We finished the second round, and decided to do a third and final round girls v. boys style. So I plotted with the two other girls and we decided to pretend to the drop the penny...but not actually drop it. Until we got to the very bottom. Then we would conveniently "find" that it had made it all the way to the bottom in one turn and we would dominate. Genius, right? :) So the first girl did it, as planned. But when I went to drop my penny, everyone was quiet and watching. So I kind of had no choice, and I had to drop it. But luckily it actually did go all the way to the very bottom. So I felt SUPER cool! Girls definitely won that round....even if we kind of cheated.
After penny golfing, we ate ice cream. At the Creamery (my favorite place). Then we went to the guy's apartment and played some games. And drew some pictures. My date drew a pretty (funny looking) picture of me and Jimmer. Oh so cute :) Then visiting hours were up, so we said goodnight and goodbye.

Epilogue: See next date for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment